A Baby’s Birth Date
Whether it’s your own baby or that of a friend or relative, it is lovely to commemorate the new celebration dayby surrounding the baby’s name and birth date with pressed flowers. The result is a unique gift that can be hung in the nursery. You could also add more details such as the baby’s weight and length. This would make a really super gift to bring when you visit a new baby and mum once they are home from hospital!
What you will need:
- 25cm x 20cm (10in x 8in) frame with glass cut to fit and a hardboard back.
- Cream or pale-coloured card, to fit the frame, with the baby’s name and date of birth either in calligraphy or printed from your computer.
- A selection of pressed leaves and flowers
- Latex adhesive – or any glue that starts white and dries clear
1. Start by positioning your chosen leaves to frame the wording, leaves with silver colouring were used in this project, but you could use any pressed leaf or even a paper diecut instead of real leaves.
2. Next, add dainty touches of gypsophila and heuchera or diecut flourishes. Follow these with larger flowers, in this case roses but whatever you choose would be fine.
3. To finish, add some more flowers – pink larkspur and hydrangea florets, the latter with potentilla centres forming the middles. When you are happy with the design, secure each item with adhesive, applying it with a large needle or cocktail stick. Cover the finished picture with clean glass and then fix it in the frame.