Some of my mother’s friends have a Golden Wedding any minute now and so I thought this card would be just the job. The card was made by Jo Westwick and it is just lovely! It uses the curved basket from our container range and the flowers are from our rubber stamps. I love playing with these stamps more than any other stamps we have produced and I’ll be showing you some examples over the next month or so that I hope will inspire you…
What do I need to make this card?
- Signature Dies – Curved basket SD024
- Joanna Sheen Stamps – Climbing Flowers for Pots JS379
- Marianne Designs Creatables – Large Ovals – LR0236
- Marianne Designs Craftables – Ivys Corner – CR1253
- A4 Card – white hammer, kraft and yellow
- Offcut of green card
- Smooth white card for stamping (I use Elegance (Satin 160gsm)
- Memento inkpad – Tuxedo Black
- Promarker pens
- Satin ribbon – cream and yellow
- Flat backed pearls
- Pinflair glue gel
- Foam pads
How to make the card
- Create 7 by 5 inch card blank from white hammer finish card.
- Cut a piece of white card to measure 6.5 by 4.5 inches and mat onto yellow card. Mount onto the card front using foam pads.
- Die cut the basket from kraft card and the fancy oval shapes from white and yellow card as shown. Die cut a small section of ivy leaves in green card.
- Mount the fancy oval onto the card front and use glue gel to fix the basket in place.
- Stamp out multiple flowers of your choice from the stamp sheet and colour with promarkers.
- Cut out the coloured flowers and arrange in the basket, along with the ivy leaves, using glue gel.
- Tie a double layered bow and fix in place above the basket and finish the card by adding a flat backed pearl in each corner.