The Jane Shasky Vintage Butterfly Pad has been a constant companion on my desk since we launched it – such a great solution to so many cards!
This is a lovely card that looks much more difficult than it really is. It’s a quick and easy answer if you need a card in a short time!
- Blank cream card to around 8 x 6 (210 x 150mm) plus extra sheet
- Three shades of brown/tan/beige cardstock A4 sheets
- Image from Vintage Butterflies pad
- Signature Die ‘Bluebell’ SD467
- Flat backed pearls
Quick ‘how to’:
- Either fold some card to about 8 x 6 (this is 210mm x 150mm) or use a card blank you have in stock.
- Cut some of the mid brown card you have chosen, about 5mm smaller than the card blank, then add a layer (again a 5mm (1/4”) border) using cream card. Cut out the border from the pad and layer onto some beige cardstock (you only need a scrap for this really).
- Now prepare the butterfly topper section of the card. Cut out the image and layer onto mid brown card using a double sided tape. Now layer that onto cream, this time using foam pads and then a final layer at the back of the darkest brown card.
- Place this almost square topper in position as shown in the picture – as it juts above the blank, make sure you stick securely NOT allowing any tape or glue on the portion that will jut over the top.
- Finally use the bluebell die and colour to suit – these are green and cream. Attach using quickie glue or glossy accents or Cosmic Shimmer acrylic – whatever you have in stock.
- Now finish the card with the little squares from the pad sheet, the sentiment again from the pad (layered onto mid brown) and add a final flourish with half a dozen pearls.