Many fathers love gardening so this dad’s garden design is great for Father’s Day or as a dad’s birthday card. But, as plenty of Mums enjoy gardening too, it’s a really versatile and unisex card that you can change to suit!
The main image comes – as many of my favourite cards do – from the Jane Shasky ‘From the heart of the Garden’ CD.
- Blank 8” square white card
- Kraft coloured card or paper
- Green cardstock
- Beige spotty backing paper, green spotted paper or card of your choice
- Jane Shasky ‘From the heart of the Garden’ CD
- Large scalloped die – or circle – if you have nesting dies
- Signature Dies Ivy Corner SD066
- All Occasions Trellis Corner
- Small embellishments, ladybird and Scrabble-style letters.
Quick ‘how to’:
- Trim some kraft card to slightly less than the main card and attach to the card blank. Cut some green spotty paper or card (or any other backing paper you have) to about 7½” square and diecut some trellis corners into it.
- Attach that to the main card and then cut out a large flower shaped piece of beige spotty card – or draw round a circle to get a piece that will fit without covering the corners.
- Layer the main image from the Jane Shasky CD (in the decoupage section) onto green card and add to card. Cut out and build the decoupaged layers.
- Finally embellish with a couple of ivy corners diecut in green and the ladybirds and letters – the great thing about this design is that you can tweak it to suit whoever you like using whatever you have and that’s always an easy solution!