A pair of Thomas Kinkades!

One of the biggest licenses we have ever negotiated was the thrill of signing with Thomas Kinkade. Sadly he is not with us anymore but the legacy he left behind is mountain high. He is known as the Painter of Light and is the most collected contemporary artist in America.

I have recently been writing an article on his life story for a special magazine/box set that we are bringing out with Practical Publishing later in the year and he really did achieve so much.

We do a triple CD that has a great majority of his work on it – I wonder now if I should have brought it out in instalments, but I felt it was a special crafting CD to have in your collection with close to everything on it. There are so many topics he liked to paint, pretty cottages, gorgeous gardens and, my favourite, his marine paintings oh, and even a teddy bear!

These cards are made from the CD and the one on the right uses an insert as the backing paper which is always a useful trick to get even more out of your CDs. The card on the left has a lovely embellishment that’s easy for you to copy and create. Just layer a small part of a picture onto card and then cover with several coats of a glaze. You can use glossy accents, Crystal Glaze – there are many others out there too. Once it is complete, it looks like a pretty piece of enamelled jewellery and makes a great little embellishment.

Happy Crafting! Smiles, Joanna.

1. Susie Pinder says:

I was bought the 3 CD set as a present by my nieces, as they knew I loved his puzzles. I can be found very often going into the discs to make a card, especially for men, or when a special message also needs to be written. The range of different backing sheets is wonderful and I often use for other cards. I love how the embellishments have been used – will certainly use this idea in the near future

These are beautiful cards. My dad is a big fan of Thomas Kinkade and I often make him Father’s Day and Birthday cards using the images.

I really enjoyed the shows today. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

3. janet says:

I got the CD set when it came out and frequently go to it for backing papers as it has so many really useful ones. The designs are good too. I also got the projet book and CD so I guess I have almost all of his work now? Do you have any more of his work to put out?

Hi Janet, sadly as he has passed away, there are no new works emerging at the moment… there are a few of his paintings that we haven’t used but that is because they involve either Disney or NASCAR and those are not available for us to license as they wouldn’t allow an angel policy and I like all our CDs to allow as much use and sales as you like for card making. Smiles, Joanna

4. Linda J says:

I bought this triple CD when it was first released. Your cds are the best in the world with so much in them but this might be my favourite. xx

5. Gwen Collinson says:

Like so many crafters I love the Thomas Kinkade triple CD’s, there is so much on them, and such beautiful pictures. Wish I could afford a proper painting by him!

6. Diana Newson says:

I bought this set of CDs when it first came out and often go back to it. At the moment I am using the Christmas one to help with my Christmas card marathon!

7. Margaret Davies says:

I love his work and I brought the decoupage sheets because I could not afford the CDs, sadly the CDs are still out of my range, I like your idea of selling them separately, which would be useful for crafters like me, I am now an old age pensioner so my pension only stretches so far.

8. Linda J says:

I bought this triple CD when it was launched on Create and Craft and it’s so lovely. Went on a cruise a couple of years ago and his paintings were being displayed in their gallery. It was lovely to know I could make cards using this art work, so special. Thank you for all your hard work and nobody produces ads like yours I’m hoping they come back in fashion xx