This was designed as a new home card and it’s great to have something a little different to send out. Colouring in the crocuses and cyclamen is fun and of course you could choose to make them any colour that took your fancy, they come in a wide range of shades.
What do I need to make this card
- Signature Dies – Cartwheel SD023
- Signature Dies – Flower Pots SD025
- Joanna Sheen Stamps – Winter flowers for Pots JS378
- Marianne Designs Craftables – Ivys Corner – CR1253
- A4 Card – white hammer and green
- Offcuts of brown and kraft card
- Smooth white card for stamping
- Memento inkpad – Tuxedo Black
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Pumice Stone
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Old Paper
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Peeled Paint
- Creative Expressions Embossing Folder – Brick EF-008
- Home Sweet Home sentiment stamp
- Promarker pens
- Pinflair glue gel
How do I make this card
- Create a 15cm square card blank from white hammer card.
- Cut a piece of white card to measure 14cm square, emboss with the brick folder and shade with distress inks as shown. Stamp small sections of grass along the bottom edge using peeled paint distress ink and fill in with a paintbrush and the ink.
- Mat this panel onto green card and fix to the card front.
- Die cut the cartwheel in brown card and 3 flowerpots in kraft card.
- Use distress inks to age the pots, and then fix the wheel in place using glue gel.
- Stamp four bunches of crocuses and one of cyclamen. Colour and cut out.
- Add the flowerpots to the card front and fix the flowers in place using glue gel.
- Die cut two ivy corners in green and fix in the top corners of the card.
- Finally, stamp a sentiment onto white card, age with distress inks and fix above the cart wheel.