Richard and I seem to watch a fairly small amount of TV – it’s the old problem of nothing being on when we want to sit and watch and then missing really good things because we are away or working. So we have started buying whole TV series or recording them to watch when it suits us – here are my Top Ten TV series that I have been watching lately – all of them are available on DVDs so you can buy them fairly cheaply on eBay or Amazon!
- Castle – a detective series where the two detectives fall in love…. the actor Nathan Fillion is rather nice looking too!
- Nashville – a relatively new series based in Nashville about country music – lovely actors and the soundtrack is wonderful – can you tell I am a country fan?Well it seems lots of other people liked it too as they have commissioned a second series.
- House – a medical puzzle series with Hugh Laurie. I have long been a fan of his, and this is just wonderful!
- The Good Wife – a series about a strong woman. Lovely actress Julianna Margulies plays a lawyer and we were fascinated by this one.
- The Big Bang Theory – if you have a geeky husband and relations as I do, this makes me laugh over and over, far too close for comfort on some of the characters! It’s about a group of scientists that share a flat and friendships, while working at a university in the research departments.
- Grey’s Anatomy – another medical drama. I am watching this one currently and really enjoying it, another good looking actor to spot, Patrick Dempsey. There are umpteen (well nine) series so far, so it must be well-loved.
- Game of Thrones – when Richard first started watching this I thought I would do some crafting and keep out of the way but I found myself drawn into it and really enjoyed it.
- Merlin – the best ever portrayal of the Arthurian legend in my opinion – I just love it!
- The Inspector Morse series – I know these are quite old, but they were beautifully written, filmed and acted and I still enjoy them. Wasn’t John Thaw an amazing actor?
- The Blackadder series – last but not least! I have to include Blackadder – old and often watched, but I still laugh and the comedians are all such world-class talented guys. Very British humour and priceless!
Do you have any favourites?