It’s sometimes useful to create a few New Year cards to make up for any Christmas cards you forgot! Or perhaps you just prefer New Year to Christmas. This image from Thomas Kincade is just perfect for that – it’s in the Cardmaking Collection Pad Two. This idea was made for us by Suzanne Saltwell.
- 8” x 8” card blank in gold cardstock (This one is made using an A3 sheet and folding but you could use a standard white one)
- Backing paper of skies from Thomas Kincade CD (or use any other pretty paper you have)
- Purple and silver/white pearlised cardstock
- Key embellishments with string
- Sheet from Number Two pad
Cut out the clock faces, rectangular embellishment, main image and decoupage piece from the cardmaking pad.
Cut some silver card slightly smaller than main card blank and layer some backing paper, attach to card with double sided tape. Cut purple card to 7” x 5½” then layer some silver card and then more backing paper onto it and attach to the card using foam pads or tape.
Cut more purple card to 4½” x 3½” fix onto the card at an angle, then add the image layered onto silver card and fix that on top but not at the jaunty angle this time!
Decoupage with the single layer using glue gel. Finally embellish with the tied pair of keys, clock face and rectangles etc as in the photo.
Happy New Year!